The best way to bid at our auctions is to preview in person and live bid at the sale. For those who cannot attend the sale in person absentee bidding is available under these conditions:
1. If you are well known to us and currently on our mailing list call us at (978) 768-6943 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your bid.
2. If not known to us a 20% negotiable deposit by check or money order of the low estimate of the lot or lots of interest must be received by us 4 days before the auction. Telephone bidding may be available on lots estimated at $2000 and above. We do not accept credit cards so absentee bids must be processed in this way. It is best for new prospective bidders to contact us as early as possible to insure the acceptance of their bids. We are available by telephone generally except the day of the auction.
How to Consign Art or Antiques at our Auctions
We are available by telephone, email, or mail to consult, appraise and discuss the sale of your Fine Art or Antiques. Due to our role as the most active fine art auction company on Cape Ann, we have a wide base of buyers for artists who have painted on this remarkable promontory on the North Shore of Massachusetts.
1. 15% Buyer's Premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot.
2. All lots are sold AS-IS, and all sales are final. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to examine lots offered and decide their level of interest. The only exception being, in the case of a deliberate forgery specifically represented as authentic by the auctioneer. In this event the purchaser must notify the auctioneer in writing within 7 business days after the auction, that said lot is a forgery, and return the lot in the condition it was sold. Due to our policy of paying consignors within 7 business days, these conditions must be met completely for a refund to be considered.
3. The Auctioneer reserves the sole right to settle disputed bids, and to decide, or not, to re offer the lot.
4. The record of the sale will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
5. Some lots carry reserves, or minimum selling prices. This is a figure set by the consignor and the auction house under which the lot will not be sold. The auction house will execute the reserves. The lot will carry a presale estimate, the reserve will not exceed the low estimate. Reserved lots will be marked with a *. Regardless of reserves, the auctioneer may reject any bid, or raise, not commensurate with the value of the lot.
6. Absentee bids will be accepted as a convenience to our customers, but the auctioneer will not be held responsible for errors, or failure to execute bids.
7. Lots may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
8. Payment is expected immediately after the auction. The auctioneer reserves the right to hold lots until your check clears.
9. All sales are subject to the Massachusetts sales tax unless the buyer has a valid Massachusetts resale certificate.